I was sitting before my Laptop and perusing some of Bug Bounty programs on BugCrowd. On second page I seen the Jet.Com responsible disclosure program. There starting bug bounty was 100$ to 15000$. I make my brain to test it. In like manner I was dependably in rush and I was recently capable found a medium Security vulnerability.
Jet.com is an American E-Commerce company headquartered in Hoboken, New Jersey.
On third March 2017 I visit Jet.Com and by investing modest measure of energy I discovered a famous vulnerability in their site. It was considered as a Cookie Replay issue that leads to lifetime access of victim’s account. In case you’re a security analyst or a bug researcher I generally exhortation to invest as much time in chasing as much you can, and that I learnt from one of my Indian friend.
Steps to Replication
- Goto Jet’s Account
- Login to Your Account
- Get the Cookies using ” Brub Suite” or “EditThisCookie” or (AnyBrowser’s Extension) Copy All These Cookies.
- Logout from the Account
- Clear All the Cookies of your Browser related with Jet’s Account
- Save the Cookies you Copied in a Text File
- Now Inject/Import Old Cookies to the Jet’s Account by “EditThisCookie” (Google Extension)
- As you can see.. You will be again logged In to Jet’s Account Account using old Session Cookies.
After identifying that report they changed the to triaged and I’m glad to get another bounty, but then they revoked and I was like 😐
Following two days the report status changed to duplicate and resolved.
They recognized me by including my name in their Security researcher Hall of fame.
I’ll test that site again as I got some time and I’ll do my best to locate another interesting vulnerability. I thank to Jet for acknowledgement and I thanks to you too for your profitable time.